The Master of Education (M.Ed.) is a Two-Year (4 Semester) Full-Time programme that provides an opportunity for professionals in the field of Education to undertake advanced coursework and research in their area of interest. The course offers professional educators excellent career prospects in terms of advancement of knowledge and qualification and ultimately making them better teachers. The course prepares graduates to inquire into the nature of educational problems and generate new knowledge, which can be used to enhance policy and practice and help develop skills to tackle the challenging and dynamic world of teaching. The number of seats to the M.Ed. Programme shall be 50. The selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of an Entrance Test and Academic Merit of the qualifying examination. The final merit shall be determined by giving a weightage of 30% to the marks obtained in the Entrance Test and 70% to the Academic Merit of the qualifying examination or as prescribed by the competent authority from time to time. The Degree shall be awarded to the successful candidates by the University of Jammu. However, the Marks Certificates, Provisional Certificates and Migration Certificates shall be issued by the College.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
1) To enable student teachers to develop dedication and motivation towards lifelong learning and clear futuristic vision and aspirations for improving the teaching-learning process as interdisciplinary knowledge.
2) To enable student teachers to set high standards of professional competency, intellectual conviction and integrity.
3) To develop the capacity, skill and knowledge among student teachers to create and sustain the environment in modern-day education.
4) To equip the student teachers with the knowledge and skills of new technologies focusing on understanding the principles of organisational management, leadership and systematic change.
5) To enable student teachers to examine critically the theories and concepts of education drawn from various disciplines related to education such as Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Management, Economics, Science and Technology, ICT etc. in such a way that their linkages with methods, pedagogy and practices in the classroom can be enriched.
6) To develop the spirit of inquiry and critical thinking and skills and capacity to undertake research in the field of education.
7) To enable student teachers to develop specialization in areas of education to emerge as educational leaders in those areas.
A candidate seeking admission to M.Ed. Programme should have obtained at least 50 % marks in the aggregate (45 % for candidates belonging to SC/ST Category) or an equivalent grade in the following programmes: i. B.Ed. ii. 4-year Integrated B.A. B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed. iii. B.EL.Ed. iv. D.EL.Ed. with an undergraduate degree (with 50% marks in each)
A student shall be eligible for the End-Semester Examination if he/she has attended not less than 80% of the lectures delivered in each course separately in Theory and Practicum including seminars, tutorials etc. and 90% in Internship/Field work etc.
The Syllabus and Courses of study in the M.Ed. programme are as prescribed by the College from time to time and also governed by its regulations/statutes. The M.Ed. programme is of two years duration and is divided into four semesters. The candidate has to complete the course with all the components (Theory as well as Internship) in a maximum period of three years from the date of admission to the course.
The candidates admitted to the M.Ed. Course are required to deposit fee and other charges as prescribed by the college, the details of which can be had from the admissions office. Difference in amount if any will have to be paid as and when demanded by the college authorities. The fee for M.Ed. programme is Rs. 79,000/- per annum. Fee and other charges are subject to revision every year.
"“The best faculty, the best infrastructure and the best student support services”, sums up my experience of studying at MIER college. Each day I looked forward to going to the class and be part of learning opportunities that would enrich my proficiency, knowledge and experiences. It instilled in me the sense of giving back to society by utilising my knowledge for the benefit of the young minds. I will forever be grateful to my alma mater for this rich learning experience."
"I would like to appreciate the placement cell of MIER College for the efforts they made for providing ample amount of placement opportunities. The faculty members worked hard on our overall development and conducted extra classes for us to enhance our teaching and communication skills.
Thank you MIER !!"